Ludei started as a game development company around 4 years ago. Then we focused most of our efforts in platform and technology development. Still, we publish a game or two from time to time that help us fulfill two main purposes:
- Taste our own dog food ;). Test the CocoonJS platform.
- Have fun! We love making games!
iBasketGunner is one of our latest productions. It continues the saga started by our fairly successful game iBasket. We started iBasketGunner as we wanted to test 3D capabilities of our WebGL implementation for both iOS and Android and also include all of the extension services into one product. This game has them all: In-App Payments, Social Network Integration, Multiplayer, Advertising, … and of course, 3D and even an ad-hoc implementation of a 3D physics native binding, one of those cool things only CocoonJS can offer. Let’s check out the result in the following video:
And now, let’s talk about some of the technical features of the game:
- It is definitively one of the best looking 3D WebGL games for mobile in the market. Our team has worked on some cool shaders for the ball, the net, etc.
- It uses a modified version of ThreeJS, one of the most well known 3D WebGL open source engines out there.
- We have used all of our CocoonJS extensions in this game. It has been great to have a single API for all of them, even the complicated ones like multiplayer through Game Center (for iOS) and GooglePlay Game Services (for Android in GooglePlay). Ads, IAPs, Social Network Integration, etc.